Thursday, August 07, 2008

Nostalgia

I went back to e office today. A feeling tt i still remember clearly. The familiar 'ding' from the lift. And the familiar passageway leading to where I spent a year. The familiar faces that greeted me. Touched beyond words. So much help. All on my last time in that place. As I walked from the MRT to the office, I realized sth that everyone knows- The world continues moving no matter what. Everyone seems to be walking. FAST. It seems that people in Raffles Place have the fastest walking speeds at 830-9am. Felt lost. Gone were the days where I could match anyone there stride for stride. I am reduced albeit temporarily to someone who would perhaps still give those old folks a run for their money.
I caught Money No Enough 2 today. My first movie for ages. I realized how long I haven been to town. Somehow walking around town with an injured leg made me self conscious of people's comments. Do not know if it is me but I felt a thousand pair of eyes and the same number of mouths talking about this injured person. I remember tt feeling so clearly. I do not like it. I know I will eventually recover and I am making good progress. But how I wish I can walk like before. Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home