Monday, July 28, 2008

The blink of an eye ;)

Fast forward one year. I am filled with emotions. A tinge of nostalgia as I put these thoughts into words. "When GOD closes a door, HE will open a window for you next." I thank all for the opportunities I have been given, hopefully the window will be a big one. One year may seem a long time, but relli, it was jus a flash, a blink of an eye as I look back. A fren once described audit as "Just like the army, where everything sucked, except the comrades you are with." Its hard to find any misstatement (no pun intended) in that.

Here's some of the more memorable events.

Event #1: Orientation in Penang.

I recall boarding the plane to nearby Penang for the above Program.
Mixing drab office presentations withshort trips to the mall,
to food, food, food,and more food. New bonds were forged.
and existing ones strengthened.The trip was alittle long, but I guess we found fun in it.

Event #2: CPA Soccer Tournament
I remember turning up for trials as a 1st yr assistant and crossing swords with senior managers and the like thinking "What e f**k am I doing here on a Saturday morning?" We may not have won the tournament but I guess I was happy joining the team.

I got dirty, i got burnt but I had loads of fun.
The 2007 Soccer team

Event #3: Dinner and Dance
The girls fretted over what to wear while the guys listened. Moulin Rouge in Singapore. Cool stuff. I admit, I never liked dressing up. I still do.

It was an interesting night if i may say so. A room full of drunkards and some sights you do not normally see. Will it be the same this year?

Event #4: China trip X2

I spent almost 6 weeks in China! That is almost 10% of my time. I was rather apprehensive about my maiden overseas trip. But after returning, I feel it relli shaped mi as a person and broadened my horizons. This experience will definitely help in the future.


I touched snow for the first time in my life!

I skiied too!

2 different ends of the poverty cycle. A large dining room and

a small house with snow-filled compounds.

One of the most enduring sights, a lavatory right in the cold. Effectively a hole in the ground. Enough said.

Sharks' fins and

foie gras. Our staple diet.

Americanization. The famous golden arches are relli everywhere in the world.

And finally, goodbye.

With a heavy heart i return this. Goodbye. Audit really brings you places. I have been to places that I never knew existed both in Sg and China. Looking back, I have really matured as an adult, albeit a working one. Thank you for the memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home